When You Need a Family Law Attorney
Ken A Kissir
Troutdale/East County Divorce & Child Support Attorney
What Is Family Law?
Family law generally involves divorce, custody and parenting time, separations, partnership dissolution and annulments. Within these categories are numerous sub-categories, for instance:
Family law often includes:
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Modification proceedings
Other common issues that arise are:
- Modifying custody and parenting time (formerly known as visitation)
- Restraining orders (“Family Abuse Prevention Act” orders)
- Stalking protective orders (SPO)
- Defending District Attorney charges for contempt of court for alleged violations of SPO and FAPA orders
- DHS proceedings for allegations of abuse or neglect
- Guardianships, grandparent, and other third-party custody and visitation proceedings
How You Can Start Working With Me
to schedule an initial consultation.
Please call me to schedule an initial consultation. Typically, you do not have to bring anything with you to our first meeting, though if you were served with papers please bring those with you (though I can access most of them online).
During our initial consultation, we will discuss your situation, your rights and obligations, and a plan for the best way to proceed forward.
If you are seeking to modify your divorce or your initial custody or parenting time orders, you will need to bring your original judgment and any subsequent orders or judgments from the court with you to our first meeting. This way, I can better understand the legal posture of your case.
The same goes if you have a problem with DHS or other state agency. A review of prior court orders will greatly assist me in giving you sound legal advice.
During our initial consultation we can discuss your current situation and the best way to proceed to try and make sure that you are treated fairly and properly throughout the legal process.